【Creativity Zen Espresso | 創意心法】

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Free from "Struggling," Part I

中文→跳脫「掙扎」之一

It must be a good start if one is really committed to do something from its beginning to the end no matter what; however, to keep on track and being unstoppable till completion is another issue. Yet, it is always true when we experience a problem first so that we have the change to solve the problem! If we do not start to do something, we will not encounter any obstacles, and then that is truly miserable. To retrospect these couple days, I felt an inner peaceful joy and steadiness after I started to work on this site, and I did not sense any darkness, horror, or fear; nonetheless, a deep-inside struggle underneath has been hiding and fermenting…

The struggle yesterday has gone like smoke. How did I get rid of it? Please be patient and listen to me. There was one thing bothering me that is to complete an article in both Chinese and English on the same day as my wish. I acknowledged that it is not allowed in the reality that I do not have so much free time to spare. To finish them together on the same day is not easy to accomplish. I was not aware its existence which stopping me to go forward like a reef in the ocean. Hesitation came up from my mind, and the progress was naturally hoarded. I was hesitating and thinking when to write the mirrored English translations? Let’s say, if it is OK to write them some other days, while to find an alternative time to write, the scheduled daily progress might possibly be delayed. When the mirrored translations are not completed, the inner contradiction will grow automatically. Since the contradiction grew inside, the struggle is followed afterwards. Could I finish both together, how shall I make this wish come true? “Distress is wisdom,” says the Buddhism idiom nicely. To explain it in plain English, it can be known as, “The answer of a question is usually sitting inside this question.” Things are turned out to be so struggling that is actually a human nature instinct, and its intension is to alert one to enlighten oneself from that. Let’s say that I am encountering the hidden reef, how should I break the reef and remove the obstacles? Calm down a little bit, and look into the whole thing. If I still followed my current plan to work on this project, the reality is telling me the truth that these tasks are overdriving me. I really hope that I could finish them, but I am incapable of doing that. When my emotion gets interferences, struggle must raise within. I acknowledged the reality, asked myself to work first in Chinese, my native language, and then the speed of writing must be faster. Why shouldn’t I drop in to do this? I’ll just leave the work of translation to its following day, and my wish may come true, while the progress could just be late for one day; thus, there is no hoard. When the cause of struggling is erased, this inner weed of struggle is also removed!

A peaceful mind is very critical. It helps one to filter out unnecessary thoughts.

While observing the whole process of removing struggle, I followed the smooth let-it-be philosophy as usual. For someone who has never sensed this logic, it gets very easy to only see the passive side of it, while lost the flip side of “taking it easy.” During this process, I learned to have the high-flyer land on the ground, and to accomplish my goal step-by-step; thus, I can see it clearly what my next move is…

If you ask me why I insist to write “a mirrored English,” I can write another article to explain it to you targeting to this topic. Well, let’s talk about it some other day!

Post Script:
The experience today is really fabulous. You can see the completed work alternating between modern plain text and classical four-character term (editorial note: in Chinese version only.) Until today, I experienced the ease of writing in the compact form of classical Chinese for the first time in my life. I was trying to write that paragraph in plain text at the beginning. While reading and editing the text back and forth, I discovered that the threads in my mind are countless. I kept changing the sentences, while I couldn’t finish this article consistently. Suddenly, a flash enlightened me, “Why am I not using the compact classical Chinese to write!” I took my action, while focusing on editing the text aequo animo, and tried my best to make the article expressing my mind, but not to contain too much redundant messages. Therefore, I would not fail myself before I finish the work. These are my discoveries and feelings today. What do you think?¶

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home