【Creativity Zen Espresso | 創意心法】

Sunday, December 26, 2004

From Zero to Infinity; 0=1=∞, Part I

What a title with mathematical expression this is! Although we are not going to totally talking about math here at all, if you have taken the calculus in the college, you should familiar with the meaning of “x=0 →∞.” If you have never seen this, that’s all right. I’ll translate it for you now in a plain text form. It could be something like “Let’s talk about ‘everything’.” Ironically, I feel ‘everything’ might not be able to express what I mean here enough, so I played a little guessing game here. Besides, the whole expression potentially speaks something underneath itself, while to catch your attention in the title as well. Yet, if we are really talking about everything here, this article will be going very wild, while something I am going to talk here now is very specific!

I. The definition:
Zero: In mathematics, it represents “nothingness.” While in my terminology here, I would define it as “a state of emptiness.”

Infinity: In mathematics, it represents a number that is countless. While in my terminology here, I would just define it as the way it is.

II. The application:
From zero to infinity, not only it is counting everything, but also it implies a sense of creation, a process of creating from nothing (zero) to something (at least one), while make it everlasting (infinity).

III. Oneness–the simplicity of One Truth:
We all live in the same ONE world now in the 21st Century. At the modern time, knowledge has been divided into many different domains, and its quantity is still increasing by the human being’s creation. (I state this here to recall the feature article “Rambling about *Eternity.*) Will it turn into infinity? Definitely for sure, it already is. Then, how are we going to survive from the tons of knowledge? There is one pattern of the Truth I believe. I have seen that people applies mathematics in the profession, such as finance, physics, or nutrition. Or people use physics in daily our lives, such as to rescue a car hanging on a curb, or to play golf or billiard ball. The important thing is that we are just simply living in our live, but not living in the knowledge. All the knowledge came from one source–the human living experience.

IV. Emptiness versus Humbleness:
When one empties one’s heart to other things, things are possibility to fill in, whereas an empty cup is able to fill anything inside. If one holds one’s professional dogma on something else, it is very easily to get lost in other domains, since the Universe is so wild, abundant, or sometimes even mysterious. That was my personal experience. I used to be so arrogance, before I met my mentor Mr. T.C. Wu, and how he applied his experiences on natural therapy so that I had a chance to study more about the way the human body works.

To be continued…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home