【Creativity Zen Espresso | 創意心法】

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Rambling about *Eternity*

中文→漫談*永恆*

Everyone should have the experience of cleaning up your place, especially when there is a career move. Whenever cleaning the old stuffs, I noticed that my mood has just taken a sauna bath. My thought always jumping between different stages of returning to the past, examining the present, and looking into the future. While cleaning up the room physically, I also wipe out the dusts of my mind, and later on, I can identify the “nothing” that I shall throw away, and the really “something” that I shall treasure more…

Today, I felt unwanted to spend any pennies on a new folder, so I found an old one filled with aged files. Inside this folder, except an antique software manual that could be trashed, I accidentally recovered some documents about the same generation. One of them without the numbers of its pages, it was not easy to reorganize them in the right sequence. I sensed it to be a printed document downloaded from the web. At a very tiny moment, a flash light hit me, “Why don't I log on to the google and find it out!?” I took the action right away.

The paragraph titles inside this article repeated NetInfo for many times. I thought that it was written in the Mac OS X previewing period. Turn back to the “flash light” I mentioned earlier; there was a part two about it, I think it is something worth of sharing: When I examined my habit of using google, mostly I only input the key words to google, and then scan through the respond result while digging into and filtering out the information I really want. Almost as soon as the flashing googling moment, I was thinking if I only type in NetInfo to be the key of searching, I might still receive a goooooooooogle result. The discovered items equal to zero. At that nano second, while my eyes was staring at a literary paragraph title, “NetInfo: All-Singing, All-Dancing System Management.” “Why don’t I just pump in the whole sentence in the google search bar of Safari?” (Please don’t forget the quotation marks to quote the whole sentence if you want to try it yourself!)

“Bingo!” That’s right. It’s this article from Daemon News! I shall raise my thumb and praise google’s incredible searching power!

After the whole google searching experience, I calmed down myself today, and read carefully through the company’s overview and the basics of google search for the first time, although I’ve skimmed over it a couple times. While I read the company’s ambition over the Internet business and its mission, I was touched peacefully. Why did I get touched? Since the Internet business blooming in the middle of the 1990s, the virtual cyber space has been taking over the traditional media, and has the knowledge transmission become easier then ever. However, it also brought us to face the Big Bang of knowledge exploding pressure, while we are enjoying all the material abundance and the convenience of technologies, especially for those of lucky us who live in the developing or developed countries in today's term. Go back our topic to google again, according to its web site official, this word google came from the math terminology “googol,” and its meaning is the unimaginable number of 10 to 100th power, which also symbolizes google’s passion on conquering the tremendous amount of data shuttling on the information high way!

I have been seeking for an ultimate Truth, from moment to moment, for such a long period of time, during my living days of twelve thousand something. After reading hundreds of books, seeing and believing in thousand miles of voyages, in some manner, to get along with the knowledge-exploding era, I wish I could filter and extract out all the essence of knowledge (feeling like a dumb in a way), and dump out tons of short-lasting gunk knowledge produced by the mankind during the small piece of time comparing with the age of the universe, and to be able to glimpse all knowledge at once, in a glance of the simple Ones; And, that distillation of the human living experiences is about to be the shining thesis of today, the *Eternity!* Be the Shruti never grow old; Be the Smriti from time to time ∞

In the latter-day East, there has been a “Si-Ku-Quan-Shu, a complete book of the four thesauruses” during the Chinese Qing Dynasty commanded by the Qien-Long Emperor to be edited by scholars; While in the West about five to six hundreds ago, the Renaissance man Leonardo da Vinci’s manual scripts illustrated and noted an avant-garde rhapsody during the knowledge desert age; thus, it inspires the modern Western civilization in many fields! In the recent years, the software billionaire Bill Gates won a fraction of da Vinci’s scripts in an auction; thereafter, the “Encarta” E-encyclopedia of which makes Gates proud has been released to the publics.

Looking far from yesterday while introspecting about today, shall we figure out what to bequeath our descendant tomorrow?¶

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home