【Creativity Zen Espresso | 創意心法】

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Eliminating Mosquitos

Some other night, my living room had some unexpected visitors–mosquitos when I was watching TV with my wife. She shouted loud to show me the mosquitos. I took a look, and noticed that they did not fly around the house, but stayed on ceiling corners most of time. We both had no idea how they flew into the room; however, I believe that every window was either closed or sealed with nets.

Since the mosquitos were not flying around, I was thinking to take care of them after the TV show. Anyhow, I glanced my wife's annoyed face and learned that she wanted me to do something to fix that.

I was thinking very hard, and tried to find an easy way to make those mosquitos disappear. That was about 30 to 40 of them stayed together with about three major groups. I did not want to kill some of them while chasing others away, and to leave stains everywhere on the wall.

Bingo, "vacuum" flashed into my brain. I told my wife about this idea, but she was still the unhappy face. Anyway, I took my action right away, and sucked all mosquitos in only one to two minutes.

From my wife's displeased face, I thought that she did not like my idea. A couple days later, I found something interesting! She was telling my mother-in-law how I remove the mosquitos out of my sight and at the end she made a comment, "that was very creative!" I was hoodwinked by her appearance.

Anyway, in my opinion, I have tried not to do thing following an consistent way in my life, and to create a life that I enjoy. Sometimes, people might think of me out of mind. Yet, the key thing is that as long as I do not do something to harm others, I could be crazy and wild! I did not recognize my sucking mosquito behavior as an creative act, but people would say it to be creative. No matter it is creative or not in other people's eyes, I have to be sure that creativity exists in all aspects of our daily life, but not only in our job or work. That is why creativity is a matter of living attitude!¶

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home