【Creativity Zen Espresso | 創意心法】

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

The Philosophy of Simplicity, Lesson Two

Also it was yesterday. I had a chance to chat with another friend. She acknowledged how my words has impact her life. She did not realize what I am saying until she really experienced something.

That reminds me something that I told her before…

We were discussing about "simplicity" and "complication." She told me that she doesn't like "complication" at all. I replied, "Yes, simple is good, but sometimes, things might not as complicated as what you think. If you really look through it's appearance, you can find a 'simple' pattern behind the complication appearance."

Indeed, I feel so thankful for my friends acknowledgments. I am experiencing some difficulties in my life lately. It gets very easily that I started questioning myself and raised some doubts. I look back to my experience again, while digesting again the relationships between "simplicity" and "complication." Eventually, I found my friends have showed me their proofs on my opinions to them. They have confirmed me that my insights really happened or worked in their life.

To me, at my current situation, as a pioneer to CREATE something new, I am trying to do something that nobody has done it before. Thus, I have seen the encountered obstacles as the complicated appearance. However, by deep looking into the complications, I have found a simple pattern. Since both friends have confirmed my insights are happening, these are very precious feedbacks that I received from the reality. Their acknowledgments are REAL. I need to trust my intuition this time for the projects that I am intending to do, rather than to shake my hands with the obstacles, and thus to agree with their everlasting existence. Prior to this moment, my brain was almost full with my self doubts…

Now, I have really tastes again the Confucius said, "Studying along without friends is an illiteracy."¶

P.S. I used to love reading those deep and hard-to-understand books. Afterwards, I found the even harder thing for me is to use simple words to describe those myth-like metaphysics, and now, I am practicing it with the blog!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home